Rating: with 4 reviews. Write A Review
Description: Martin D-35EDIT
The classic look and balanced sound of the Martin D-35 dreadnought owes its parentage to the D-28 (and HD-28) with its Sitka spruce top, solid Indian rosewood sides, ebony fingerboard and bridge, and a mahogany neck. However, a shortage of Brazilian rosewood (after a fire in the Martin factory) made it necessary to vary the back material of the D-28 in the mid 60s. Martin introduced the D35 in 1965 sporting a unique 3-piece rosewood back which was made utilizing scraps of unmatched rosewood that might have otherwise been thrown away. But they went a few steps further in giving the D35 its own appeal by reducing the traditional D-28 scalloped braces to ¼”. In 1969, Indian rosewood replaced Brazilian rosewood entirely. Martin added purfling, white binding, and its signature solid black pickguard making the D-35 a “deluxe” version of its parents. Over the years, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Rory Ghallager, and Tim Reynolds have chosen the D-35. Many players agree that Martin guitars come from the factory with somewhat high action and that they need to be played for a while and then set up.
Where to Buy: Martin D-35Street Price: $2,299.99 / MSRP: $3,099.00
Reviews: Martin D-35WRITE A REVIEW
- Pros: Nice low profile neck when so many Martins have the V neck.
- Cons: None really. Its all in the ear of the player
- Experience: I've used it
Here are the facts. THERE NEVER WAS A FIRE AT THE MARTIN FACTORY IN THE 1960's! ALL THE BRAZI...Read More
- Pros: I really like how great this guitar sounds when it is strummed. If you want an acoustic with some real heft, then this is your guitar. The neck is also *very* comfortable for a player like me.
- Cons: The bass makes this guitar sound a little "fat" when played fingerstyle. This guitar seems a lot better for strumming than for finger-style playing.
- Experience: I own it
Overall, this is an excellent guitar. If it wasn't, I can imagine Martin wouldn't have b...Read More
- Pros: Very good tone and balance. Clear and strong bass projection. Great sustain, clarity, tone, action and playability. Perfect for all kinds of genre and playing style. I am a fingerstyle, fingerpicker guitarist. so far it has been awesome!
- Cons: I haven't found any yet.
- Experience: I own it
Everything about the guitar, from the build, feel, sound, playability and ergonomics are perfect....Read More
Videos: Martin D-35ADD VIDEOS
Specifications: Martin D-35EDIT
|Construction:||Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint|
|Body Size:||D-14 Fret|
|Top:||Solid Sitka Spruce|
|Top Bracing Pattern:||Standard ''X''|
|Top Braces:||Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''|
|Back Material:||3 pieceSolid East Indian Rosewood|
|Back Purfling:||Style 35|
|Side Material:||Solid East Indian Rosewood|
|Endpiece Inlay:||Black/White Boltaron|
|Top Inlay Style:||Multiple Black/White Boltaron|
|Side Inlay:||Multiple Black/White Boltaron|
|Back Inlay:||Black/White Boltaron|