Seagull S6 Cedar Original
Rating: with 3 reviews. Write A Review
Description: Seagull S6 Cedar OriginalEDIT
The Seagull S6 Cedar Original is an excellent guitar at a price “within the reach of working musicians” according to the Seagull website. It is also often chosen by guitar reviewers as a top under $500 starter guitar. The S6 has a solid cedar top, which gives it a more mellow sound, cherry back/sides, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard. Players should take extra care with the non-laquered cedar top. It has an oil finish and is relatively easy to scratch. Nonetheless, Seagulls are tough and stand up over time. As is often the case with more affordable instruments, a professional set up is advised. Action (string height) and intonation (saddle height and truss rod adjustment) can be greatly improved with a little extra love. Founded in eastern Quebec in 1982, Seagull’s focus on quality and simplicity remains the same today. They have earned a good reputation for affordable guitars that sound good.
Where to Buy: Seagull S6 Cedar OriginalStreet Price: $397.00 / MSRP: $487.00
Reviews: Seagull S6 Cedar OriginalWRITE A REVIEW
- Pros: A VERY SOLID GREAT SOUNDING GUITAR,
- Cons: NONE THAT I HAVE FOUND YET
- Experience: I own it
I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT A GIBSON FOR MY DAUGHTER AS A STARTER, IT SOUNDED TINNY, AND JUST DIDNT HAVE ...Read More
- Pros: Easy to finger chords. The neck is not too wide and I think is the perfect guitar for beginners and those with some experience too!
- Cons: It's not a Martin and it's not a Gibson folks; but for my level of playing experience it is perfect.
- Experience: I've heard about it
Really like this guitar. It is very well made. I am surprised I could get this nice a guitar for ...Read More
- Pros: they have a nice warm tone and the action is very good for an acoustic. The build quality and finish is very good also.
- Cons: The seagull neck is actually wider than a normal acoustic, which I found difficult to get used to at first.
- Experience: I own it
I was looking for a guitar in this price range for quite a while ($350 Canadian. Soundwise nothi...Read More
Videos: Seagull S6 Cedar OriginalADD VIDEOS
Specifications: Seagull S6 Cedar OriginalEDIT
|Top:||Select Pressure Tested Solid Cedar|
|Back & Sides:||Wild Cherry|
|Neck:||Silver Leaf Maple|
|Fingerboard & Bridge:||Rosewood|
|Nut & Saddle:||Tusq® nut and compensated saddle|
|Finish:||Semi-Gloss Custom Polished Finish|